College Planning Forum
14th Annual College Planning Forum
This free full day conference is designed for students with disabilities, their parents and school personnel. Are you a student with an IEP, a 504 accomodation plan, or other learning challenges? Then this day is for YOU! There will be resources and giveaways that will help you navigate your road to college. Refreshments will be served, registration is required.
The day will include:
- Navigating admissions and accessing accommodations
- Student session: Are you ready to advocate for yourself?
- Parent / Guardian / Professional session: Is your student ready for what college requires?
- Assistive technology options, awareness and advocacy
- Student panel (Personal perspectives)
- How to use YOUR IEP to better prepare you for college
What people have said about past College Planning Forums:
“...all of our major areas of concern were addressed and all of the presenters very thoughtful and informative...” Art C., parent
“Lots of information was given out and it gave me a direction to go in with my son, more parents AND students should come!” Lori, parent
“I learned a lot from the student panel...I know I can be a bettter self-advocate because of all of them!" Will, student
“I'm very glad I came, it's just what I needed to strt the process...Change happens when you can see the next steps, this day has helped me understand the next steps." -Parent, NK school district
“...I gained a better appreciation of the process.” Student
“Extremely well organized...” Professional Counselor
Don't miss out on this informative and guiding forum, click here to register TODAY!
Please share this printable flyer!